Feedback is also known as 360-degree or 180-degree (or even 720-degree) feedback. These are all fundamentally similar: Feedback is about using the thoughts and opinions of others to help someone develop and improve their skills, attitude and self-awareness.
In Appraisd, feedback is gathered as part of an appraisal or review using a questionnaire that will focus the feedback from colleagues into areas that are relevant to the appraisee/reviewee and the organisation. This questionnaire is designed by Administrators as part of an appraisal form for the individual.
Assuming the appraisee already has an appraisal set up:
- The line manager uses the appraisee's profile to nominate colleagues to give feedback.
- The nominees receive an email inviting them to give feedback.
- The nominees can log in to Appraisd and enter their feedback in draft at any time.
- When they're finished, the nominees submit their feedback to the manager.
- The manager receives an email to let them know that some feedback has been received.
- The manager opens the appraisee's appraisal report to see the feedback that's been received.
- As well as automated reminders to nominees, the manager can send reminders to them on an ad-hoc basis.
- Depending on your configuration, the manager can nominate people who aren't already in your Appraisd account.
- The feedback is seen only by the manager.
- Depending on your configuration, the feedback is attributable to the nominee so they can see who wrote what.